The Driver Assistant is responsible to perform the driving function for all Warehouse and Distribution related tasks and requirements as set out by the Distribution Supervisor / Manager. This role will need to ensure safe driving habits and maintained and timeous collections and deliveries of stock/products. The Driver will also need to ensure the cleanliness and care of the company vehicle is constantly maintained.
- Ensure an effective and efficient daily handover of deliveries from the warehouse to your vehicle. Ensuring that your vehicle is correctly positioned and timeously ready for collection in accordance to distribution daily schedule.
- Ensure that deliveries are packed accurately as per schedule in a manner that avoids damage to goods.
- Ensure you are in possession of your tablet daily and have your completed paperwork for all deliveries with you before departing the warehouse.
- Pick up and record current or defective wine, as per instruction on upliftment paperwork.
- Drive safely and courteously. Ensure that rules and regulations of the road is adhered to always
- Perform a full vehicle check as per company vehicle check list. Vehicles are to be washed on the exterior once a week.
- You are responsible to check for any issues and report them to management
- Report any accidents or incidents involving the vehicle to be reported to the Driver Supervisor /Manager immediately. Accidents situation managed as SOP.
- Ensure that your tablet is in good working order that you always have it with you on all deliveries. Delivery schedule to be followed as per tablet application. The condition the tablet is received, is the same condition it must be returned. The safe keeping thereof remains the responsibility of the driver
- Ensure that all paperwork for deliveries and upliftment’s are completed and relevant documents given to customers or returned to the warehouse daily.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12
- Transport Management System
- Code 10 License & PDP
Job Type: Permanent